Waconia Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located 30 miles outside the Minneapolis metro area. We are hiring an assistant brewer/cellarman to join our production team! We have a 10BBL, 3 vessel Premier Stainless system with a spacious taproom. Our focus consists of producing our 5 flagship beers year-round, developing seasonal beers, taproom exclusive beers and fulfilling distributor orders. The candidate we are looking for must be innovative with a passion for producing quality beer!
This position’s primary responsibilities include assisting the head brewer, following specific recipes, observing all sanitation and safety procedures and promoting our brand in a positive way.
The following list of essential job duties is not all-inclusive; the Assistant Brewer/Cellarman is required to perform other duties as directed by the Head Brewer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Passion for making great beer and a desire to push boundaries and explore new flavors.
- Clean, inspect, CIP and sanitize all equipment, tanks, and work areas to maintain high beer quality.
- Evaluate and monitor beer and raw ingredients.
- Milling grain, mashing in and out, moving barrels.
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work early mornings and occasional weekends.
- Brewery activities to include dry hopping, pitching yeast, filtering beer, keg cleaning, co2 management, cleaning beer lines.
- Fulfilling distributor orders to include keg washing/filling and canning.
- Assist taproom with inventory management of our off-sale items.
- Maintain and document accurate brewery records.
- Participate in beer dinners and festivals/events as needed.
- Assist co-workers and cross-train in other departments to ensure brewery goals are accomplished.
- Attend brewery staff meetings as requested by management.
- Help out as needed in all other parts of the brewery. (Team Player)
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn current brewing software to maintain and document accurate brewery records.
- Brewing experience preferred.
- Desire to work hard and maintain high standards of quality.
- Basic understanding of the brewing process.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to follow a production plan, prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to stand long hours and lift 55 lbs. and move and place 165 lbs. kegs.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to work near moving parts and machinery.
- Ability to work in loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environments frequently.
This is a full-time position that will offer competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include paid time off, Health/Dental Insurance, and retirement plan with matching contributions. It is the Waconia Brewing Company’s policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression (“protected classes”).
Interested and qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Brewer”. Interviews will be conducted as qualified resumes are received and position will be posted until filled.